Safety Awareness and Bicycling Skills for Students
Some past events:
June 4, 2015 Bicycle Safety Education Ride:
- We will be riding from Dana Middle School at 1:45 this Thursday, June 4th, 2015. We will first ride to Correia Middle School and discuss the feasibility of walking, riding, and rolling to for school and activities while we wait for any Corriea Middle School riders that want to join us for a ride to Mission Beach.
- Our destination is Mission Beach Lifeguard Station for a tour by previous council member, Ed Harris.
- We will have a pit stop along the way for something sweet so bring a couple bucks, some water, and a smile.
- We will plan to be back to Robb Field around 5:00 PM. I will help escort kids to their homes if needed.
November 2014 Bicycle Safety Education Ride:
- Riding to Downtown San Diego
- Leaving Dana Middle at 1:45 PM. Riding down Nimitz Blvd. to Harbor Drive and then along the waterfront bike path into downtown San Diego.
- All are welcome to attend.
- Bring water, helmets, and safe riding skills.
October 2014 Bicycle Safety Education Ride:
- From Dana Middle School to Old Town House Restaurant in Ocean Beach for Safety Discussion.
- October is a good time to refresh batteries in bike lights and get ready for the darker commutes.
We enjoyed visiting the Old Townhouse Restaurant just as it was closing and were treated to french fries, refreshments, and great hospitality. We appreciate our local businesses for supporting our efforts to create independent and responsible young bicycle riders.
September 2014 Bicycle Safety Education Ride:
- Leave from Dana Middle at 1:45 PM
- Stop at Point Loma Hervey Library for Safety Discussion
- Ended with milkshakes; compliments of Hodad’s.