Bike Walk San Diego District 2 endeavors to create a more bike friendly city that provides safe, comfortable bicycling facilities so all people can enjoy an active, healthy lifestyle. With year round temperate weather, San Diego is naturally well suited to take advantage of bicycling as both a transportation choice and a recreational pursuit.
- Improve the “Quality of Life” in Our Communities
- Promote Healthy, Safe and Sustainable Communities
- Prioritize the Value of Bike Transportation
- Create Safety for All Modes of Transportation
- Promote Education of both Adult and Youth Riders
- Promote ‘Bike to School‘ for K-12 students
- Focus on Youth Safety around Schools, Parks and Neighborhoods
- Encourage and promote Military and University Student Commuters
- Encourage Design of “Complete Streets“
- Support Vision Zero
- Reduce Traffic and Parking Congestion, Noise and Hassles
- Reduce Toxic Vehicle Emissions, Roadway Run-Off and Other Pollutants
- Promote Local Economic Activity with Bike Friendly Business Districts, including protected bike lanes and ample, convenient bike parking
The Blix crew utilizing electric bikes as clean, energy efficient, alternative transportation.