Cabrillo National Monument will increase the daily park entrance fee on January 1, 2018. The new rates for vehicles will be $15.00 per vehicle (good for everyone in the vehicle,) walk-ins/bicyclists $7.00 per person and motorcycles will be $10.00. Entrance fees are valid for seven days. The annual Cabrillo Park Pass will be $30.00. The NPS began collecting entrance fees at Cabrillo in 1987. This is only the second increase in 31 years.
- Passenger vehicle $10.00 per vehicle $15.00 per vehicle (JAN 1st, 2018)
- Motorcyclists $7.00 per vehicle $10.00 per vehicle (JAN 1st, 2018)
- Walk-ins, bicyclists $5.00 per person $7.00 per person (JAN 1st, 2018)
- Cabrillo Park Pass $20 $30.00 (JAN 1st, 2018)
Cabrillo Pass: Valid for 12 months from purchase date. Admits the pass holder(s) and passengers in a non-commercial vehicle (14 passenger capacity or less) to Cabrillo National Monument. The pass is available at the Entrance Station.
- Walk-ins, bicyclists: daily park entrance fees are for individuals only. There is no sharing of a common receipt that might allow 4 bicyclists or walk-ins to enter under a single purchase (Unlike the Cabrillo Park Pass). The daily park entrance fees are valid for seven days for the one individual.
- Cabrillo Park Pass: As in the past, the annual Cabrillo Park Pass allows the card holder and three other bicyclist to enter the park under the one pass. (Good only at Cabrillo National Monument).
- Entrance fees are never charged for holders of the America the Beautiful Pass, Federal Recreational Senior Pass, Access Pass, Military Pass or 4th Grader Pass. (America the Beautiful – National Parks and Federal Recreational Lands Passes remain the same price for now.)
- Entrance fees are never charged for visitors under 16 years of age
- Visit the Cabrillo National Monument web site for more details.
- The park will be open on Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year’s Day during regular operating hours, 9am-5pm.
- The National Park Service and Cabrillo National Monument also have annual Fee Free Days each year. For the year of 2018 the fee free days are:
~ Jan. 15, 2018: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
~ April 21, 2018: First Day of National Park Week
~ Sept. 22, 2018: National Public Lands Day
~ Nov. 11, 2018: Veterans Day
- As of June 1, 2018, the San Diego Metropolitan Transit System (MTS) will no longer offer bus service to Cabrillo National Monument.